The following are first lines or part of the first line from 20 Prog acts. The only clue is that in the main they are from the classic era but there a couple of new ones in there.
1 point for the name of the artist and 1 for the song title. Usual rules apply ie no cheating (as if) ! Ill close the quiz either when its run out of steam or at latest end of Saturday.
The winner will receive a vinyl to cd transfer of an obscure prog album (to be revealed later – when I’ve done it !) + of course a copy of the latest Feedback File album (which most definitely isn’t prog) – unless you are Lando Cakes in which case a copy of the previous one.
I’m expecting nothing less than 20 points to win this given the love of the genre on the AW. Good luck !
1. Happy and I’m smiling walking miles to drink your water
2. There might have been things I missed but don’t be unkind
3. She comes up with the morning sun
4. As I reach for a peach
5. At the top of the stairs, there’s hundreds of people
6. Who do you think you are ?
7. …the wind has left you and you are still in commotion
8. Houses iced in whitewash guard a pale shore-line, cornered by the cactus and the pine
9. Take the path to the top of the hill follow the trail, look to the west
10. Love comes to you and you follow
11. When I was 13 I had a sister for 6 months
12. I just took a ride
13. Three hundred years ago I thought I might get some sleep
14. You look different every time you come from the foam-crested brine
15. We love you more than we can say
16. And if it’s bad don’t let it get you down, you can take it
17. North was somewhere years ago and cold
18. Rolling and tumbling ain’t done me no harm
19. Baby don’t you leave me in this world alone
20. Now when you climb into your bed tonight and when you lock and bolt the door