Long threatened but now complete, the Afterword returns from its self enforced spring break with a podcast dedicated to The Fall. Your host DFB chats with Gavin “Whole” Hogg and Dr “Tim” Volume comparing the length of their Fall collections and many other matters
– The Russian roulette of The Fall in concert but isn’t that better than the dull alternative?
– What were Mark E Smith’s observations of the Scottish Hotel & Gretchen Franklin?
– The offshoot industry of the Fallen
– Would you pick up Mark if you saw him at a bus-stop?
– Where to start if you should ever want to enter the weird and frightening world.
Obviously contains Mark E Smith impressions (Dr Volume – excellent and uncanny / DFB- a combination of Patrick Marber’s northern drug dealer & Frank Sidebottom / Gavin – wisely opts out)
And remember, wherever two or three people gather to discuss M.E.S and The Fall there are thousands saying “Flipping muppets haven’t got a clue” – we salute you all – uh.