I don’t think we’ve done this yet.
As is the tradition, I’m sure many of us have been busily compiling our “best of” end of year playlists to trade with our friends and foist upon our enemies. Here’s a link to mine, and a few words on some of the more beloved tracks.
1. “What’s Normal Anyway” – Miguel
“Too opinionated for the pacifists, too out of touch to be in style, too broke for the rich kids”. Word.
2. “My Baby Don’t Understand Me” – Natalie Prass
The first time I’ve heard one of Matthew E White’s gorgeous productions truly mesh with a song and a vocal. Everything in perfect harmony.
3. “White Out” – No Spill Blood
Ferocious album opener from the excellently monikered Dubliners. The sound of a gang of cavemen playing metal on a busy Heathrow runway.
4. “Feeling Good Tonight (UNKLE Reconstruction)” – Therr Maitz
With thanks to Poppy for the intro.
5. “Hurache Lights” – Hot Chip
The year’s number one rump-mover, bar none. Drew many an “ooh – what’s this” in the car and kitchen.
6. “Belly of the » Continue Reading.