The modern media attaches a remarkably flexible definition to the word ‘celebrity’, as shown by the most recent inhabitants of the Celebrity Big Brother house, whom the Telegraph has helpfully listed for those of us who would otherwise be ignorant of this important cultural phenomenon.
But honest now – how many *you* heard of? Extra points for creative snarkiness.
Who’s in the house?
1. Christopher Biggins – Tick
2. Saira Khan – I think so. Was she a contestant in the Apprentice?
3. Frankie Grande – Nope
4. Ricky Norwood – Not a Scoobie
5. Renee Graziano – Never heard of her
6. Marnie Simpson – Who?
7. James Whale – Yes! Radio talk show host wasn’t he?
8. Aubrey O’Day – You’re making that up
9. Stephen Bear – Search me
10. Katie Waissel – My years of watching X Factor pay off at last
11. Lewis Bloor – Rings a bell, but no
12. Grant Bovey – Used to be (still is?) married to Anthea Turner, I think
13. Chloe Khan – You’ve lost me again
14. Heavy D – I’m guessing rap/hip hop. Not my area
15. Samantha Fox – Finally! A housemate guaranteed to be recognised » Continue Reading.