I probably listen to whole albums most of the time – the whole album from start to finish without skipping tracks. Its just how I’ve always done since young. Every now and then though I throw together a bunch of “favourite tracks” into a playlist. Sitting at home yesterday was such an occasion.
There is never a theme for this – its tracks that I grew up with, tracks that I have always loved and maybe not loved the whole act / album, tracks that have certain memories, and just generally great tracks (in my mind anyway). No guilty pleasures, no 80s / 90s theme – just “bangin’ toons” as the youth probably don’t say…..
Anyway here goes this weeks list for your comments, derision, enjoyment, or whatever…. As I said, I don’t see them as guilty pleasures (no guilt here) and don’t care if they are not “cool”.
So what’s on your “bangin’ toons” playlist ?
– Angel Eyes / Wet Wet Wet
– Life Is Long / David Byrne & Brian Eno
– Superstition / Stevie Wonder
– Rule The World / Take That
– Right By Your Side / Eurythmics
– Ghost At Number One / Jellyfish
– Blood Makes Noise / Suzanne Vega
– Nikita / Elton John
– Coming Up Close / ’Til Tuesday
– Ladykiller / Nicky Holland
– Millennium / Robbie Williams
– Jesusland / Ben Folds
– Breakout / Swing Out Sister
– Waltzinblack / The Stranglers
– Change / Lisa Stansfield
– Temptation / Heaven 17
– Rulers, Ruling All Things / Midlake
– Nobody’s Diary / Yazoo
– Mystery Girl / Roy Orbison
– Jennifer She Said / Lloyd Cole & The Commotions
– Skyfall /Adele
– Huckleberry Grove / Ocean Colour Scene
– The Shouting Stage / Joan Armatrading
– As I Lay Me Down / Sophie B Hawkins
– Wasting My Young Years / London Grammar
– Soak Up The Sun / Sheryl Crow
– Moments In Love / The Art Of Noise
– Oblivious / Aztec Camera
– Private Dancer / Tina Turner
– Never Never / The Assembly
– Good Thing / Fine Young Cannibals
And with the obligatory YouTube clip of one of the tracks, picked at random…..