Baby Driver and Guardians of the Galaxy are two films this year which have reminded me how sweet it feels to compile a bunch of eclectic tracks into a mixtape. Ditto the CD swap thread here (although I didn’t join in with that and kind of regretting it).
Let’s do a mixtape together!
– No theme. That’s just pretentious. It just needs to flow from one track to the next. You need to keep the listener listening.
– It’s a C90, so we are having two sides of 45 minutes each. (46 at a push).
– I’ll start. You all have a think about what track to put next – first person to post the next track has got it. And so on until we fill both sides.
– To prevent time wasters and comedians, there’s a three veto rule. If any track gets three vetos before someone suggests the next track -its getting recorded over. But once someone has suggested the next track it’s too late – we’ve moved on and you can’t veto any more.
– This might end in chaos, or indifference, or a beautiful mixtape!!!
– Or you might all veto my starting track and we’ll never get this off the ground. Hm.
– Come on, you know you want to join in.
– This is a virtual mixtape, by the way. I don’t have a blank C90. Or a tape player.
Ok, track one!!!
Roger and the Gypsies -Pass the Hatchet
(YouTube link – hope that’s worked….)
Surely no one can deny this is one of the most addictive toe tappers of all time? The perfect start!
2:58 – so 42:02 left of side one!
Come on, what’s next??