I keep reading about how people in lockdown are learning foreign languages, writing novels, learning to play the trombone, building extensions and so on.
Not me…my achievements are more modest, but I’d still like to share them with you.
1. The magnetic soap holder kept falling off the bathroom wall because the sticky pad had lost its stickiness. It is now screwed to the wall.
2. I have trained myself to wash up after every meal, not every two days or so as previous. This is very good for morale.
3. I have cut my own hair. This was not good for morale, but at least it’s something I’ve never done before.
4. I listened to Dylan for an entire day.
5. I got ‘squinted’ for 221 points in Scrabble.
6. In some ways this is the most exciting…I have curated my bookmarks. Don’t know about you, but my bookmarks were an unholy mess, stretching back over years and several computers – bookmarks for road trips that never happened, long-dead DIY projects, ISPs and telcos that I left years ago, those bookmarks that Apple hands to you when you fire up Safari for the first time, several near-identical toolbar folders, etc etc. I deleted hundreds, and sorted the rest into folders – movies, music, food, books, misc etc. It’s a work of art, I tell you!
Any achievements you feel like having a modest brag about?