This might not fly… and I’m well aware I’m pandering to that particular branch of Afterworders (list-lovers) that seem to cause much disdain with some people…. but let’s see…
(and hopefully this hasn’t been tried before)
I want to create a list of The Best Album Of Each Year From 1959-2019 As Decided By The Afterword Massive. In other words, the sixty best albums of the last sixty years.
What’s my plan? Well, I have my excel spreadsheet primed and ready to go. My idea is, everyone who wants to can nominate any album from any year (no more than one per year) to create a long list – then I’ll have a series of posts (probably one for each decade) where we vote on the winner for each year! Maybe you’ll get a chance to make an impassioned argument for one of your nominations. Then at some point we’ll end up with a definitive list of 60 albums.
It’s fun! Yes??
So add your nominations below! As many as you want, but no more than one per year. Original album releases only – so contemporaneous live albums (say, Live at Leeds) are okay (for example) but greatest hits and archive collections are not.
– “What’s the deadline for nominating?” Oooh I’ll say a week from now – THURSDAY 1 AUGUST
– “Why have you started from 1959?” Good question. Just to give me a neat 60 years (and to allow the inclusion of Kind of Blue).
– “Aren’t there some years where there are just no good albums?” Like this year? Yeah, maybe. But I’m sure at least one person will have at least one album from each year.
– “Won’t you just end up with a bland list that has all the lowest common denominator albums that everyone loves but find kind of boring?” Yes, maybe, shut up.
– “But don’t people hate lists?” Who let you in?
– “What are your nominations, Arthur?” I’m glad you asked! I’ll add mine in the comments.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS? No? Then get nominating! See you here in a week unless the thread dies a death!