Here’s a little quiz because why not? Have at it! There’s only eight questions because I couldn’t think of any more.
1. Frank Sinatra tried and failed to buy which record label, which resulted in him founding Reprise Records?
2. Stiff Records was founded with the help of a loan from who? And how much did he lend?
3. “I get my records at the Rock On stall” is from ‘The Rocker’ by Thin Lizzy. Which record label did Rock On’s owners found?
4. What do the following albums have in common?
The Least We Can Do Is Wave to Each Other by Van der Graaf Generator
Damned Damned Damned by The Damned
Five-a-Side by Ace
Valentyne Suite by Colosseum
Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield
5. Chrysalis Records was specifically founded to release records by which band?
6. Deram Records was named after what recording technique?
7. Factory Records first vinyl release was a double 7” EP featuring which four acts?
8. John Peel’s Dandelion Records scored only one Number One hit in its brief existence. What was it, and for a bonus point, in which country was it Toppermost of the Poppermost?