1. He was Island Records first employee, and he wrote both of the Spencer Davis Group’s UK No. 1 singles. Who was he?
2. He wrote both the original piece of music that Boris Gardner based his ‘Elizabethan Reggae’ on as well as ‘Sailing By,’ Radio 4’s shipping forecast theme. Who was he?
3. Dennis Bovell’s band Matumbi formed in 1971 with a future one hit wonder on vocals. He was responsible for ‘A Walk in the Park.’ Who is he?
4. Kilburn & the High Roads featured which future punk rocker on guitar?
5. Humphrey Ocean, former Kilburn & the High Roads bass player and Stiff recording artist drew the inner sleeve artwork for which well known 70s album? By the way, he also painted the lead singer’s portrait 7 years later.
6. Jo Jo Gunne was formed by two ex-members of which well known late 60s/early 70s west coast group?
7. More famous as a record producer, Ted Templeman was a member of which late 60s “sunshine pop” group?
8. Best known for his own music as well as his many associations, particularly with the Beach Boys, his first paying job was arranging ‘The Bare Necessities’ for the 1967 Disney film ‘The Jungle Book.’ Who is he?
9. Motown had the Funk Brothers, Phil Spector had the Wrecking Crew, but what was Asylum Records house band known as?
10. Interestingly, all three groups – the Funk Brothers, the Wrecking Crew, and the Asylum Records house band – had bass players that are well known to Afterworders. Name them.